This is an excruciating time for most businesses and people. We’ve been closed for a month and I won’t lie to you – things are looking tough. But, I’m grateful that I’m home and safe. I realise it’s a privilege to be with my family and have food on the table. So for that, I say thanks everyday. My days go from extreme panic and anxiety to a stillness and calm. It is a confusing time for sure. I just wanted to send you hugs and I hope you’re taking care of yourself and those around you.
You know my obsession with podcasts. I recently recorded one with Varun Duggirala (@varunduggi) and I can’t wait for you to hear it. Varun is the co-founder and content chief of The Glitch. I’m hooked to his podcast Advertising is Dead (add it to your list!) and these are his podcast recommendations.
- Conan O’Brien needs a friend : it’s the best podcast for anyone who wants to listen to an irreverent yet engaging podcast. I’ve literally gone back through their archives and re-listened to episodes ( check out the one with Jeff Goldblum.. it’s gold)
- Pivot with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway : For anyone who wants to stay up to date about the world of tech and business and just perspective it’s a great bi-weekly listen.
- Blockbuster : This podcast series tells the story of how the modern blockbuster genre came to be by telling the story of Spielberg and Lucas, it’s phenomenal storytelling.
- Inside Voices : For anyone who wants to get deeper into the podcasters mind this is the show for you, every episode is a chat with a podcast host about their own voice and journey.
- Work life with Adam Grant : Adam Grant is an organisational psychologist and he digs deep into multiple aspects of the modern work- life scenario, supremely insightful in so many ways!
- Recode Decode with Kara Swisher : Kara Swisher interviews the biggest names in tech, business and beyond. One of the best interview podcasts one can listen to.
- Business Wars : Each season chronicles a famous business rivalry – Coke vs Pepsi , Blockbuster vs Netflix, Nike vs Adidas, etc. What’s not to love!
- Wolverine : Marvel and Stitcher making a fiction podcast on Wolverine, I don’t think there is any reason not to listen to it.
- Every Little Thing : This one answers some of the most random questions we might ever have like “ what did our historic parents feed their kids?”, “what happens to our bodies in space” and “how old is Winnie the Pooh?”
- Reset : This podcast deep dives into pertinent issues that we all want to have a deeper understanding of – from how the corona virus is affecting education, how we can approach medical records better using tech and how our brain’s react to TikTok . While a lot of episodes are America focused they still give you a lot to think about.
I know things seem dark at the moment, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We’ll all get there soon! In the meantime, hope you enjoy these recommendations.